Accidents happen everyday, especially in a busy house. However, some of these accidents can be prevented ahead of time with the help of home improvement tips. Here are seven home accident prevention tips to help protect your home and family and to improve the safety in your home.
- Tip 1: Pick up objects that are lying on the floor that do not belong there. Many slips and falls happened due to ignored safety hazards that are lying around randomly, such as small toys, paper, and other various objects.
- Tip 2: Clean up any liquid spills on the floor as thorough and as soon as possible. Liquids that are hard to see such as water are a common cause of slips and falls.
- Tip 3: Maintain all electrical cords by replacing or repairing damage ones and routinely monitoring them. Repair or replace any damaged electrical outlets, switches, lights or electrical cords as soon as you realize that they are damaged.
- Tip 4: Store poisonous liquids and materials out of reach of small children and unaware adults. Either store them in hard to reach places or purchase child proof locks for cabinets that you believe your children can get into.
- Tip 5: Place candles in an open area away from objects that can catch on fire such as curtains, decorations, plants, and furniture. Before leaving the house or going to bed, make sure the candle is extinguished due to the possibility of anything happening when you are away or asleep.
- Tip 6: Invest in a pool cover, barriers, or fences around any outdoor body of water such as ponds, swimming pools, and spas to avoid having small children and animals falling by accident.
- Tip 7: Keep your home maintenance up to date to see if anything needs repairs. In the event where you are lacking funds to make a certain repair, block off the area and put warning signs so people don’t get hurt.
Following these tips and researching other methods to protect your home will help protect you and your family from any home accidents and maintain the value and care of your home.